It's that time of the year when everyone wants their skin to glow, whether the sun was involved or not. Cheat a little bit by using a product with shimmering particles, which will bring light to your favorite features.
Bronzers, highlighters, and illuminators are made to emphasize the areas the sun naturally spotlights. Yes, you can apply these products in the T zone to make sure the focus stays on the center of your face, but that's not all. Find out the top places to apply highlighting products when you keep reading.
- Forehead: Mimic a sun-touched look by applying highlighter in the center of your forehead. Then lightly brush outward in a star pattern to diffuse the product. To avoid a shiny look, use a foundation that is one shade lighter than your skin tone instead of a shimmering product.
- Eyebrows: Running behind on your wax or threading appointments? Disguise grown-out brows with a touch of highlighter underneath your arches. This emphasizes the shape and detracts from any stray hairs.
- Inner Eyes: Erase tired eyes by dabbing a champagne-colored eye shadow in the inner corners of your eyes. You'll look wide awake, even if you're partying until dawn.
- Cheekbone: Banish under-eye circles by applying a bit of bronzer on the cheekbones, where light naturally hits the face. You can also layer a glimmering product with your blush to create a rosy glow on the apples of your cheeks.
- Nose: Swipe an illuminating product down the bridge of the nose to bring all the attention to the middle of your face.
- Cupid's bow: Dab highlighter just above your lips in the cupid's bow area to give your lips a fuller appearance.
- Chin: Finally, finish off your faux glow with a touch of bronzer in the middle of your chin, and apply in a soft circular motion.