Tuesday, August 7, 2012

How to Hide Tired Eyes in 4 Steps


We're happy to present this story from our friends at Allure:

Sure, it's the summer — the time of year when most of us get a chance to escape on vacation or at least spend our weekends relaxing on the beach. But it's also the time of year for back-to-back weddings, long car trips, and one too many happy hour margaritas.

I might be speaking from personal experience here, but all those factors combined equal dark circles and serious bags. Here are the tricks, tips, and products I use to keep my eyes bright (and open) after a long night out. 

Chill out. My favorite cooling eye gel is from Skyn Iceland. I lay the mini masks under my eyes the minute I get out of the shower and leave them on while I make my bed and get dressed. After about five minutes, all the puffiness is gone.

Get caffeinated. An eye cream that contains caffeine or vitamin K strengthens the blood vessels and reduces puffiness. I love Clinique All About Eyes.

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. I am obsessed with Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye (and not just because the name sounds so soothing). The lightweight cream works to moisturize and depuff tired eyes while you sleep. I keep the tube right by my nightstand so I never forget to put it on.

Make friends with beige eye liner. Before applying your makeup, line the inside of your eyes with a beige pencil. It brightens the whites in a very natural-looking way. Try the Jouer Cosmetics Eye Clarifier.

 source: bellasugar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment